- It is the ability to resist deformation or deflection.
- Which of the following spot-examined type has the lowest joint efficiency factor?
- It is the recommended cost index for cost estimation of chemical plants.
ANSWER: CHEMICAL ENGINEERING PLANT COST INDEX (CEPCI)
- The cost of handling of materials is considered under the _.
ANSWER: WORKING CAPITAL
- How much is the estimated working capital if the total investment is 2.5M?
- Estimate the year 1992 cost of an equipment if its 500-L equivalent costs Php3.5 M.
- Estimate the cost of 2000-L equipment if its 500-L equivalent costs Php 3.5M
ANSWER: 8.04 MILLION PESOS
- Calculate the wall thickness of a cylindrical pressure vessel with a radius of 30 inches and internal operating pressure of 200 psig. The allowable stress of the material is 10,000 psi and the joint efficiency is 0.85.
ANSWER: 1.0 INCH
- Calculate the head thickness of the pressure vessel in #8 for a 2:1 ellipsoidal head.
ANSWER: 0.85 INCH
- Calculate the wall thickness of the pressure vessel in #8 if it was spherical instead.
ANSWER: 0.56 INCH
- Calculate the tank diameter of a CSTR which has a liquid volume of 300 m3?
ANSWER: 7.26 M
- Calculate the impeller diameter of the CSTR given in #11?
- What is the impeller Reynolds number of a mixing tank (Di= 1.75-m) containing hydrogen peroxide with an agitation speed of 20 rpm? (µ=1.245 cP)
ANSWER: 1.18 X 106
- What is the power number for the given mixing tank condition in #13?
ANSWER: 5 (Use the curve in Perry’s HB pp. 6-35, but commonly if the Reynolds Number is already in millions as in 106, automatic power number is 5)
- How much is the power requirement for the mixing tank in #13?
ANSWER: 4364.66 Watts of 4.37 kW
I’m glad to share my study notes with you. Hope we all pass our exams! Show some love by email subscription this well help my site a lot.